Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Inspiration, Anyone?

I'm taking a moment to fulfill my blogging duties while I hope for inspiration to strike me. What kind of inspiration? Dinner. We've got little in the way of veggies or meat. Come to think of it, we're even low on flour, which makes it rather hard to come up with a full/well-balanced meal for four. I'm sure it'll come. Just hang out with me for a bit while I wait for it.

Waiting... waiting... still waiting.

Well, I've got nothing, so we'll talk about knitting. I've gotten all the knitting done on Lambchop #1's pink sweater. I'm really excited about it, but not so excited about weaving in the ends. It'll still need to be blocked after that, so don't expect an insta-photo here. I am really pleased with it, though. It's probably the first time I've done a pattern from scratch (without borrowing someone else's genious) where something didn't go wrong. I got the dimensions (proportions, really) from Elizabeth Zimmerman's Knitting Without Tears, but have used them for a button-up sweater knit flat instead of one knit in the round. So far, so good.

Well, I hate to cut this short, but I'll have a hungry/irritable family on my hands really soon, here, so I think I'll forget the whole inspiration thing and serve up a packet of soup mix and some paté with our last bit of bread. Ah, it's gourmet tonight, ain't it?