Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Monday, June 13, 2005

Knitted Bookmark


Knitted Bookmark
Originally uploaded by The Stitchin Sheep.
Here is a little FO I whipped up yesterday afternoon during the kids' nap. This was a real quickie, and fun. It also gives you a better idea of the lace pattern I'm using for the cotton cardigan I'm knitting. It's the same pattern. I just knew it would be a great way to use up the last bits of silk I had leftover from my striped tank.

A bit of info on this:
Rose Leaf lace pattern (I'll post that link someday)
Amber cross from Michael's that I had bought intending to make stitch markers for my last Secret Pal but didn't like the look of when I was done with them (sorry Gayle).
Phildar Philsoie (100% silk) yarn.
Knit on 3mm Addi Turbos

I really love the old/antiquish look of this bookmark. Perfect for its intended purpose of becoming a Bible bookmark for my parents. I am quite certain they will love it.

And, like I said, really fast to make. This is actually a great way to try out a new lace stitch. You get to make a swatch (of sorts) and you can use it as a gift either for yourself or someone else. Fun!