Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Monday, June 06, 2005

Hand-spun Yarn


Hand-spun yarn
Originally uploaded by Sheepish.
To round out today's show and tell, I'll leave you with an attempted artsy-fartsy shot of my hand-spun yarn. It's a major improvement over my first couple of attempts, I think. When all is said and done, I'll lay them all out, so you can see how I've learned (let's hope I have).

I have no clue what the content of this fiber is (aside from the occasional bit of hay that I do recognize and have to pull out). It's a bit of roving that Louise was kind enough to part with for me to practice on. It's not an extremely soft yarn, but it works for the trial and error that this process ends up being.