Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Sewin' Up A Storm

No knitting took place in this house today, which is a real rarity. I was in the mood for something a little faster. So, spent the day with my sewing machine, instead. The other day at the fabric store, one of the things that jumped in my mini-cart (despite my protests) was a meter of this really cute, vintagey stretch fabric. Today, it morphed into a wrap-around shirt for me to wear during the summer. It's very cozy. I'm hardly a master seamstress. But, I can proudly say that I made the pattern myself and everything, so if it's not perfect, it's at least all mine. And, you learn from this sort of thing, anyway, so it was a good experience.

I'll be wearing it tomorrow, and if we're lucky, we can get my husband to take a picture of me in it, so you can all see it (my mom's probably the only person I'm leaving in suspense here by not posting a picture, anyway).