Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Cheater, Cheater, Pumpkin Eater!

My knitting fidelity was rather short-lived. Aren't we all happy my marriage vows have been easier to keep? What does this mean? Well, if you haven't been around this blog much lately, I'll fill you in. I was attempting to rid myself of several works in progress, one at a time - by finishing them, of course. And, though I had some success, I lost the battle this afternoon to a summer shirt I've been wanting to make.

The following is a list of my reasons - err excuses for casting on for a new project when I still haven't finished my husband's sweater:

1. Who really needs an alpaca sweater in the summer, anyway?
2. I could really use a nice-fitting summer shirt (may be tank, may be short sleeved).
3. I will definitely not have enough yarn to finish the sweater. I'll have to order more and have Mom ship it from the US.
4. I could really use a change in project (the textures, the colors, everything)!!
5. I've been anxious to try that bamboo yarn that has been calling to me since it arrived in the mail.

So, we've sat the Knit Picks Andean Silk sweater aside and cast on for something light and springy/summery. I'm excited, since I've only got one other knitted tank in my wardrobe so far. I'll post a picture of my progress a bit later, when I get around to taking it.