Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Sunday, January 02, 2005

Stripey Silk Scarf


IMG_1051
Originally uploaded by The Stitchin Sheep.
Here is the scarf I had decided to make with that recycled silk yarn. And, though I won't be considered for the cover of any magazines this year (apparently, "making love to the camera" is somewhat of an acquired art), I think the scarf looks lovely.

A little recap of the materials and stitch used: Himalayan Yarns 100% recycled sari silk striped with their purpley colored wool/recycled silk blend. Two rows of each, all in stockinette stitch with a honkin' set of 12.75 mm needles.

As I said before, I think the silk all by itself was a bit too busy, but mixed with the wool/silk blend, it looks great. Wash this girl by herself, though, because she did make the water a bit purple. It is about 50-55 inches long with the tassles and used almost all of the 100 g skein of silk and probably less than half of the 100 g skein of wool/silk. I saved a tiny bit of the silk to do a border on a felted bag I may try with the leftover wool/silk yarn. We'll see if there's enough - I don't want a very big bag, so it may work.