Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Friday, January 07, 2005

Scouring Bathrooms and Other Forms of Torture

I know what you're thinking. "Isn't this a knitting blog? This is totally unrelated to knitting." It really isn't, though, and you'll see why. I've resolved to clean the house today before I allow myself the priviledge of knitting. Consider me grounded. I know, I know. What about blogging? - Doesn't count. I generally have absolutely no will power when it comes to knitting. I feel the urge, and I stop doing other things to knit. I'm sure many others do the same. Today, I've vowed to clean - no matter how torturous it may seem.

So far, I've vacuumed the kitchen floor and scoured the bathtub. My goal is to at least get all clean laundry put away and mop the kitchen floor before the end of the day. Despite children "uncleaning" everything I clean, I am undeterred from my task. But, oh how I long to pick up some needles. I didn't get the chance to do it yesterday, and I can't wait to do it today. I feel stressed when I don't get to knit for a couple of days. Is this knitting withdrawal? So, quick, quick - let's get hopping! Wish me enough will power (and much more speed) than I usually have.