Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Happy Mother's Day (in France)!


I'm actually cheating a bit on this post. I'm writing it on Saturday and setting it to post on Sunday. Bad blogger. I just figured with that last picture and word heavy post, it was best to save this one for another day. Who knows if I'll have the time to do it, though, so I'm cheating? Anybody got a problem with that? I certainly don't. And, who cares what you think, anyway, right? Okay, obviously, I do actually care what you think (I'm what my mom always called a "people pleaser"), or I wouldn't be explaining all this in the first place.

Anyway, so I'm cheating. Get over it, and let's move on, shall we? By now I will surely have opened the much anticipated gift from Lambchop #1. She made it at school and hid it from me on Tuesday. Occasionally, she will excitedly ask if it's Sunday yet. I'm excited about it, too. It's the first year any of my kids are old enough to be aware that it's Mother's Day. Even with all that excitement, though, I swear I haven't peaked (my parents will find this hard to believe since I'm the same person who carefully opened and rewrapped gifts at Christmastime when I was a kid, but I swear it's true).

In keeping with the Mother's Day theme, I thought I'd finally show you the progress I've made on the lacy baby shawl I'm knitting (I am trying to be a good mommy, afterall). I knit on it a little almost every day, and in the next couple of weeks, the center square (at least it should be a square if my calculations and gauge are alright) should be done. I didn't want you to think I'd been slacking off on it, though, so here's a progress shot. Please, excuse the lighting. With the heat outside, we've kept most of the shutters closed in an effort to keep the sun out as much as possible. And, I just couldn't stand to go outside for a better photo shoot.