Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Friday, May 26, 2006

A Few Of My Least Favorite Things

I do not usually tend to be very negative here on my blog. I guess it is because I am actually not an extremely negative person by nature, but sometimes you just have to vent.

So, a-venting we will go...

Here are a few things I hate about our current situation (these include house and car):

*The plumbing does not work right (toilet does not flush well and sinks frequently plug).
*The outlet for dirty water from the washing machine goes into the bathroom sink, so it is never clean (a combo of this problem with the previous one soaked the bathroom floor this afternoon).
*When the driver's seat is properly adjusted for me to reach the clutch on our borrowed car, the unadjustable seatbelt rubs my neck in a very irritating way.
*Something bad happens to the rural phone lines running from the village to our house several times each year, causing us to not have phone service for several days in a row (at least this time, we have internet still, which is odd, but never look a gift horse in the mouth, right?).

I could probably find other things to complain about, but these are the things that have irked me a lot lately and that I am losing my patience with. I guess I should be happy we actually have indoor plumbing, a car, and phone service to even irritate me, but somehow that thought does not help right now.