Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

2/3rds Done!


Body of Handknit Toddler Sweater
Originally uploaded by Sheepish.
Here's a little proof that I have been knitting some and not just pigging out on the Slow Food food that I bought the other day (though, I'll admit to doing a fair amount of that, too).

I'm so proud of this little guy - oh, the little boy, too. I mean, he's cute and all, but get a load of that vest! It's not done yet, because I still have to sit down and calculate/plan/knit the arms, but the vest part looks great, and I don't see why he can't slip it on now and then till the rest is done.

Slipping it off may be the real problem, actually. He's so proud. The second you say, "oh, wow, so pretty/handsome", he's tugging at his imaginary suspenders and smiling coyly. We just pulled it on for the photo op, but he wouldn't let us take it back off, even if it isn't really that cold. Big sister could take a few lessons here (she won't touch the pink and purple sweater I made her with a 10-foot knitting needle).

Oh, and if you look closely, you can see the prefab hovel we temporarily call home (can we call going on 3 1/2 years temporary still?). And, can you see that fall has arrived at the hovel? Kind of almost makes the "house" (and, I use that term very loosely) look almost pretty.

A few random bits of humor for you today:

First, to prove to my husband's mother-in-law (aka my mom, for those of you not up on your family tree terminology) that he indeed fits in with the rest of our family quite well:

He says that Lambchop #2 (pictured here) will be a fireman. His reason: he loves to play with his hose.

Second, you know your house is a constant mess when your four-year-old child has these two things to say...

When you thoroughly scour the kitchen sink: "Wow, is it new?"

When you finally get around to sweeping/clearing the kitchen floor of various debris: "Ohhhhhh, I can even crawl under the table now."

Just a few sad tidbits of our everyday reality.