Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Ready... Set... Eat!


Homemade Bagels
Originally uploaded by Sheepish.
Mmm. Fresh from the oven with a layer of cream cheese. So good. They're a bit "wonky", as many a knitter would say (what with their little bubbles) but oh, so tasty.

Unfortunately, they didn't last long. Sure, that's a good sign of success, but where's my fair share?! I baked them, I should get to eat at least 3/4 of them, right? Then, one for each of the rest of the family seems fair enough to me. I'll have to make that clear next time. Or, better yet, I'll make a batch of cinnamon/raisin bagels and send my husband fleeing. He, like many French people, doesn't understand the love affair Americans (and Germans and British, I believe, as well) have with cinnamon. He'll force himself to eat some of my less cinnamony creations, but he won't do it with a smile.

Well, that concludes our behind-the-scenes look at "The Making of a Breakfast Bread". I hope you all enjoyed our program, and we sincerely apologize that we were unable to capture "The Devouring of a Breakfast Bread." That process flew way to fast for the average camera to capture the action.

And, lastly, I'd like to thank the caring readers who sympathized with my headache the other day. Thing is, though. I didn't really have one. It was just my way of saying that I just wasn't in the mood to blog. That's what one says to a lover to hold them at bay, and since the blog is like a lover (can't get enough of each other in the beginning, bordering on obsession, then later tapering off to a steady, consistent relationship, only to end up feeling like you have to work up the energy and desire to find a good reason to even touch anymore - incidentally, I'm not at that last stage, I just wasn't in the mood) I thought the headache lie would fit the circumstances. It was only after such sweet readers expressed concern that I realized that my sense of humor is one that only my mother can truly understand.