Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

New Hobby?

Surely the lack of knitting content has made you think I've taken up a new non-photogenic hobby. Not at all. In fact, I'm starting to see that this whole organizing and cleaning thing certainly isn't all it's cracked up to be. I mean, where am I supposed to find time for knitting?

On the up side, I did organize most of the toys and set up the rule of one basket of toys being used at a time. That basket must be put away before another is gotten out. We'll see how that goes in the long run, but so far, so good. It was like Christmas around here. And, I hesitate to mention the large number of insects who found their demise in the pile of toys, papers, etc. the kids had accumulated on the livingroom floor (Did I ever mention that one motivating factor behind my desire to clean up the clutter is a suspicion that if Social Services ever dropped in for a visit, they'd confiscate the little ones?). So, the organizing thing may be worthwhile, after all. I would just really love to finish my Noro sweater before it gets any colder.