Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Monday, October 31, 2005

Like Father Like Son

I've noticed that all over knitblogdom, people have been celebrating Socktober Fest. I didn't actively participate, but that's only because I'm lazy. I did actually finish up some socks, though.

My husband, after several years of faithful marriage and living with my fiber habit, finally has his first finished knitted object. Well, that's not really true, because he grew up around knitters. He's long known the joy of hand-knit socks, for example. All the more reason to want some from his very own wife, right? That's what he has been telling me for quite some time. Luckily for him, all the nagging has paid off in the end.

And, the best thing about them is that I actually had enough yarn leftover to make a pair for his boy. We have already decided that Daddy's got his own little Mini Me with Lambchop #2, so why not add to the father-son resemblance with a pair of matching socks? Ain't dat tweet? Lambchop was all too proud to lay is foot on Daddy's to pose for this shot.

By the way, the yarn is Knit Picks Sock Garden in Daffodil. It knits up nicely, but a little warning about this yarn - it'll felt really easily. I say this because the leftover center-pull ball that I have has fused itself together just from the friction of being in my knitting bag. It's not dramatic, and I think I can pull it apart from itself, but that means care should be taken in washing these suckers, I'd say.