Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Cotton Candy


Cotton Candy
Originally uploaded by Sheepish.
So, this afternoon, we all went to the carnival. We had a blast. The kids rode the merry-go-round, and we stuffed ourselves full of disgusting carnival food. I even won the largest stuff animal for the little Lambchops.

Uh huh, yeah, and I've got the extra cotton candy hanging in my shower on a plastic hanger. Not gonna happen. But, seriously, doesn't that freshly-dyed fiber look like strips of cotton candy? Those KoolAid colors sure are bright. That's pretty much what I was looking for, though, so I'm happy. The best description I've got for that stuff is fun. The colors just look fun to me.

I'm so excited about them that I have started spinning like a madwoman in order to free up my spindle. It's still got some fiber on it, and I want to finish that batch before starting on something else. It'd also be good to get a little better at it before starting in on this stuff.

So excited, though! And, hey, who needs the carnival, anyway? Those big stuffed animals are a ripoff, the rides'll make you nauseous, and the cotton candy'll rot your teeth and possibly give you cancer with all the artificial flavors and colors it contains. I'll take brightly-colored fiber over that any day.