Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Sweet Secret Pal


Yummy Noro
Originally uploaded by The Stitchin Sheep.
I must have happened upon the sweetest seventeen-year-old for a secret pal. Yes, seventeen years old. And, she's been knitting way longer than I have. I don't think it would ever have even occurred to me at that age to participate in a secret pals exchange, obsessed as I was with the opposite sex at the time. But, my pal is seventeen years old, and has been knitting since she was five. And, luckily for me, she's generous and has great taste in yarn.

The proof is in the picture. Take a little gander. Perty, ain't it. That's three balls of Noro Kureyon in a lovely colorway that really spans the color spectrum. I'm so excited. I just don't quite know what I'm going to do with it yet. I may combine it with some other solid color but matching yarn to make a sweater. We'll just have to see about that. Lovely, though, isn't it?

And, if you look closely, you see tucked in there behind the yarn a couple more goodies. There are some knitty Christmas cards from my pal. Then, there are also tons of little packets of KoolAid in all the colors imaginable. I got those from our online knitting friend, Bohemian Mama (Chelee). I'm really anxious to get a chance to dive into those. She even sent samples of some goodies she has dyed with KoolAid. Great inspiration. That'll be a fun thing to try some afternoon with Lambchop #1 (if she doesn't fall asleep on me beforehand this time).

In other knitting news, I finished a whole sock for my husband. It only took me a few days (not non-stop knitting, either). It's made of Knit Picks Sock Garden in the colorway they call Daffodil. Really nice colorway that can go the masculine route if it's asked to. I'll get a picture of it soon enough to show. Until then eat your heart out staring at my lovely new Kureyon.