Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Praying Feet


Sock Pal Socks
Originally uploaded by The Stitchin Sheep.
When I was little, we lived for several years in a small town near Tulsa, Oklahoma. Somewhere in that same area is Oral Roberts University, home of the 60-foot, 30-ton bronze praying hands. They're quite a sight, even if I wouldn't want them on my front lawn. They may prove effective at scaring birds away from the tomatoe plants, though. Kind of gaudy, really (or perhaps "Goddy"). Have a look for yourself by clicking here.

Anywho... my point. So, here are my praying feet. Okay, actually, I'm just showing off the finished socks for my sock pal. I'm quite pleased with them. They are now washed and blocked and looking pretty in their box ready for shipment.