Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Make A Wish!


Make A Wish!
Originally uploaded by Sheepish.
See, she seems to be happy with the homemade teddybear cake, don't you think?

By the way, for those who are interested, everthing about this cake is homemade (icing, cake, decorations and all - well, I didn't manufacture the food coloring and candles, but you know what I mean). It's a scrumptious yellow cake recipe (which I usually do not like) with chocolate cream icing.

Oh, and this was not the only baking I did on Saturday. I really baked up a storm. Unfortunately for this blog, though, I didn't snap up a storm with the camera. Oops! Bad blogger. I also baked 60 chocolate chip cookies, and about the same amount of brownies and lemon bars. They, as well as the rest of my party concoctions went over very well. One person even told me I should open a sweet shop. Hmmm. Now there's an idea. I think I could handle having an excuse to bake all the time but not have to consume all the calories myself.