Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Monday, August 08, 2005

I'm Virtually Thirty!


Birthday Nuts!
Originally uploaded by Sheepish.
So, tomorrow's my birthday. Thirty years old. I don't feel a day over 24, except maybe those moments when the kids make me feel like pulling my hair out.

We all know from my previous post that I was a bit down about not being around family for my birthday. Poor me, never had a good surprise party... blah, blah, blah. My own private pity party is what I was having. Anyway, nuff of that. And, apparently, that's what Mom and Dad thought, too. So, they called me up with our handy dandy ISight webcam thingamabobbers. And, what did I see? A (virtual) surprise party, fully-loaded with decorations, goofy hats (on goofy people's heads), cake and all (except they forgot to yell surprise). It was great.

I mean, how many people can claim their birthday was celebrated in three time zones (I know, you're doing the math, and can't see how my parent's place and mine equals three time zones. Well, my brother and sister-in-law were in on it, too, hence the third timezone)? Very cool party, and nobody was hungover the next morning (as far as I know).

To top it off, the dogs were even convinced forced to wear party hats. This shot is my chance to embarrass Dad all over the internet (not that my blog is THAT popular). Plus, I just thought it looked fun with him and the dog wearing matching party hats. This dog, by the way, is was mine before I had to leave for grad school and then skipped the country, leaving him with all sorts of abandonment issues. Poor thing, every time he gets attached to anyone, they leave (he was extremely fond of my grandparents before their deaths earlier this year). We think he blames my mother, because she can no longer get near him without him wildly snapping at her. He's still a cutie, though, huh? That's my Scrappydoodle.