Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Friday, August 19, 2005

Ouch!

Feeling a bit down this afternoon. Perhaps it's the gloomy weather. Or maybe it's the sudden urge I have to start a new project (surely brought on by my vow to stick to the Cable Baby Blanket till it's done).

No, I think it's the massive headache I've got this evening. The cause? Being whacked on the back of the head with a rock the size of my husband's sizeable fist. After a moment of a lifetime of mystery novels passing through my mind (wherein I was the protagonist being walloped by the bad guy), I turned to see my 1 and 1/2-year-old no longer holding the rock I had seen him with just moments earlier. Yeah, I have driven my toddler to kill me. Luckily, I've always been hard-headed, and he has yet to develop the strong arm his daddy will later be proud of on a rugby field.