Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Recycled Dress Shirt Rug


Recycled Dress Shirt Rug
Originally uploaded by Sheepish.
Well, here we are children... I know, I know, here we are with what? Good question. That strip is going to be a rug at some point (hopefully by August, when the Not Yarn Along is over).

This strip comes from one of the white shirts I dyed red (oh, and I found a once-white-now-red-sock hiding in the washer, too).

Anyway, I just wanted to show you the beginnings of my recycled dress shirt project for the Not Yarn Along, which I still need to get a button for. They have them, I just haven't gotten around to putting one up. Something to do. Any bets on how long that will take me?

So, what do you think? If you're interested in doing something like this, let me just tell you now that the t-shirt as yarn idea would be easier to cut and easier to knit. It's just that I had more dress shirts to shred at the moment than t-shirts. Got to use the material you've got, right?

The best thing about this project is that I really like the idea that on a daily basis, we'll be able to step all over my husband's former life as an "office professional" (we'll leave the company unnamed). I love the symbolism of it.