Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Felting Sample: After


After - Felted Sample
Originally uploaded by Sheepish.
Here is the same swatch after about a half hour in the washing machine. This yarn actually felts pretty nicely. It didn't felt evenly, because the middle section is a thicker fabric than the rest. I don't really like that part very well. Good experiment to do while designing the bag I want in my head, though. Now, I at least know what I don't want. I have an interesting idea for the handle that would involve the use of both colors. That's why I've done this swatch. I also now know that this yarn will shrink about 25-30% in my machine in about a 1/2 hour. Good info to have.