Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Friday, January 07, 2005

Disappointment

Well, I didn't say anything till now, because I wasn't certain. I was starting to wonder if my right arm was shorter than my left. I never thought it was, but I was starting to doubt this until today. In fact, it's not my arm that is short, it's my sweater sleeve that's long. I'm not sure what on earth I must have done. Either I accidentally forgot which size I was knitting and knit the second arm in the wrong size. Either that or I was knitting really loosely that day. Either way, it's disappointing. It's not that it's totally obvious, but it really gets on my nerves. Every time I shift gears while driving or when I am washing dishes, I feel it slip down.

What I can't figure out is how I managed to do this. I always do something wrong when I get to the sleeves. It's never been so obvious, but there's always something. So, from now on, I think I'm just going to have to avoid sweater patterns and do it by eye, because I apparently get and "N" in "Follows Instructions". And, I swear, I wasn't even KWI (knitting while intoxicated - knitting under the influence, if you prefer).

This sucks. I'm going to have to frog and redo. How sad does this make me? Let me count the ways...