Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Koigu Fruit Loop Sock


Koigu Fruit Loop Sock
Originally uploaded by Reder Family.
Well, I have finally come to a design that I like. I decided to stick with the ribbing. I find it comfy. I'll do actual decreases for the instep on some future sock (because I WILL be doing more socks!). I've named them Fruit Loop socks because of the bright colors and the fact that there are some eyelet holes on the ankle that reminded me of one of the many sugar-filled cereals of my childhood.

Just a little reminder about this lovely wool: it's Koigu KPPPM in color # 112, knit on 3mm dpns.

For those who might be interested, I'm going to have to type my instructions up for use in making the second sock (my notes are a mess after all the many tries I've gone through in getting the sock I like), so I'll post those soon. I'm thinking of making a pattern page, which will include these socks, the little felted pouch I made, as well as any future patterns I come up with that I think are worth the time it takes to post them (you're always welcome to disagree).