Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Koigu Sock and Kiri Shawl


Koigu Sock and Kiri Shawl
Originally uploaded by Reder Family.
Finally, at long last (I know, you were about to pee your pants from the excitement), I present the barely started Kiri shawl and the not-even-half done Fruit Loop Sock that I'm having so much fun with. I took tons of shots to get one even this good, so no complaining. One was more flattering to Kiri, while this one showed off the Koigu colors best. I'm happier with the sock, so this picture won. The Koigu is colorway #112, in case you're wondering. It's a bute, ain't it.

I'm making my own pattern for this sock, which explains why it's taking so long. I like it, though. I've got a row of eyelets every once in a while doing stripes down the ankle. You don't really see the eyelet holes very well (which is fine with me), but I really like the texture it gives the fabric. In case you're noticing that the holey rows don't look evenly spaced, that's on purpose. The space between holey rows gradually gets larger as you go down the ankle. Cute, huh? Thought that up all by myself. Okay, maybe you don't like it, but they're my socks, so keep your trap shut.

About the Kiri shawl: This isn't her best angle, but you can sort of see the leaves that are slightly raised left and right of the middle. This is the fern pattern. You'll see this repeating all over the place as it gets larger.