Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

50 cent Sweater


IMG_1548
Originally uploaded by Sheepish.
Got me a bargain here. Last weekend, there was a garage sale/flea market type affair in the village we live next to. I loaded up on kids' clothes. French people seem to think their clothes are worth more than we Americans do, because what you'd pay maybe 25-50 cents for at an American garage sale cost 1-2 euros here. Still beats buying things at even sale price at the store, though.

This little sweater is something I snatched up from some women with more reasonable prices. I'm not a huge polka dot fan, really, but having recognized it as a really well-done, hand-knitted sweater, I had to take it. Somebody's grandma put a lot of time and love into those stitches, so I just couldn't leave it there. And, it's just the right size for my daughter, so it'll get some use.

It's 100% cotton, and if I'm not mistaken, it is most likely La Droguerie cotton. That's what my first ever knitting project was done with, and it's a hard yarn to work with. Even more reason to appreciate grandma's handywork.