Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Friday, April 29, 2005

Cable Baby Blanket


Cable Baby Blanket
Originally uploaded by Sheepish.
Well, as promised there is a small amount of knitting content on the site today. This is the progress I've made on the baby blanket. I've used 4 of the 10 balls of yarn, so far. So, it's 40% finished (don't you love the complicated math I can handle).

It's not really that bad to knit. I can get a good rhythm on it and finish off a ball of yarn in a few hours. I really should just sit down with it and get it over with, but, I'm so fickle with my projects these days. I'll just keep working away at it bit by bit. There's no huge rush, anyway. It's meant to be used as a crib blanket, because of its size, and the baby is still in a bassinette. I should have it done by the time she switches to a crib, don't you think?

Another project I started on (yes, a-nother one) is an attempt at crochet, which I apparently suck at. I kept seeing the raffia I bought for the garden. Extremely cheap stuff. Something like 3 euros for 500 grams. And, of course, all I can think of it knitting. So, I tried knitting a hat for my daughter (let's call her Lambchop #1 from now on, hmm?). It didn't look very nice - at least not in stockinette stitch.

So, I've tried crochet. It's not bad, but not what I hoped for either. I think maybe you're not suppose to learn to crochet on raffia. Too stiff. I may try knitting again, but with a different stitch pattern. Something with a woven look, maybe. We'll see. No pictures of that, though, till I perfect it.