Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

I Got Yer Button Right Here...

So, the button thing is slightly less exciting than I had hoped, but I guess it's a good enough way to celebrate the fact that I've been blogging for a year now. Oh, yeah. Did I forget to mention that? I don't remember the exact date, and since I'm too lazy to actually look, we'll just call it "a bit over a year" and be done with it. I think I started some time between October and December of last year. I know that's a largish window, but one thing I can be sure of is that I've passed the actual date, so it's fine to celebrate now.

And, why not do it with a button? We'll call this post the official unveiling. So, here's the thing officially unveiled:


This little guy/gal is our new mascot. He/she is currently nameless. Do I sense a contest in the future?

I'm thinking it's not quite right now that I see it on the net like this (Suffer from feelings of inadequacy lately?? Mmm Hmm. Shut up. Who needs your opinion?). Totally my fault, by the way. The artwork is all me. My husband just did the technical stuff of actually making it into a button. It looks great when it's all big, but tiny like a button's supposed to be, I think it's not quite right. Too much blank space behind it? The blog title on the scarf too small? What do you think? Suggestions will gladly be accepted. We can also send our husband back to the drawing board to fix things (okay, not really, but I kind of watched what he did, and I surely could mess with things a bit, too, right?). So, be honest here. How can we improve this button?

Oh, and I guess you're welcome to take it home with you to your own blog. Try to remember to play nice with others (namely me) and use your own bandwidth. Who knows how much bandwidth geocities (where I store it) actually allows you, but I'm pretty sure it's not never-ending.

And, since I just realized I never made an acceptance speech for Jenla's award ceremony (the one that brought you this button-making session)...

"I'd like to thank the academy... yada yada yada (eyes glaze over)... I'd like to thank Jenla for giving me the opportunity to be here... yada yada yada (audience starting to walk out)... but most of all, I'd like to thank my dear husband, Muttonchop. Without him none of this would have been possible. Literally (that's what they all say).