Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

A Bit About Me(me)

Well, this is the second time I've been tagged for a meme by Liz over at Pocket Farm. I was quite the slacker with the last one, because it was about music, and I haven't been listening to much lately, so I had a hard time coming up with answers. This one seems a little easier, so I'll go for it:

Four jobs you’ve had in your life:
1. Teacher of English as a Second Language (private lessons to professionals)
2. Perfume Counter Girl
3. "Outside Sales Representative", which was my boss' IRS code word for "inside secretary who doesn't sell diddly-squat, but for whom we do not want to pay taxes."
4. Yogurt/Ice Cream Shop Girl

In case you're wondering, my favorite was... well, it might be a toss-up between the ice cream shop and the teaching. One let me talk all day, while the other gave me free ice cream and yogurt.

Four movies you could watch over and over again:
1. Punch Drunk Love
2. The Princess Bride
3. Better Off Dead
4. Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Basically, I like to watch corny stuff over and over (including romantic comedies). Seeing a suspense or dramas once tends to be enough for me, though there can be exceptions. If a movie makes me laugh or feel good somehow, I'll watch it again, even if it's not an excellent film in the grand scheme of things.

Four places you have lived:
1. San Diego, CA
2. Tulsa, OK
3. Austin, TX
4. Portland, OR

We could go on and on with this list (and I wasn't even a military brat).

Four TV shows you like to watch:
1. The Shield
2. Six Feet Under
3. That 70's Show
4. basically any decent American show they actually show in English here (ooh, and if I were in the US, I'd love to watch those autopsy shows they have on the Discovery Channel and occasionally on HBO - a bit of freaky info for you).

Four places you’ve been on vacation:
1. Spain
2. All over the middle and western side of the US
3. Hawaii
4. Actually, I've been to lots of different European countries aside from Spain, too.

Four websites you visit daily:
1. Bloglines
2. Cinecinema (the movie channels we get - to find out if there's anything worth getting the kids to bed early for)
3. Yahoo! Mail
4. Google

Four of your favorite foods:
1. Any kind of berry
2. Cinnamon Swirl Bread (or Cinnamon Rolls)
3. Paella
4. Lasagna

Four places you would rather be right now:
1. Visiting my parents in Houston
2. Visiting my brother and his wife in San Diego (and seeing her knitting/stash in person!!!!)
3. Visiting a friend in Chicago
4. Some South American country (just for the fun of it, and to use my Spanish, which is getting a bit rusty)

Well, that's it. I've done it. I can breathe a sigh of relief. Liz is not going to think I ALWAYS flake out on these things. Okay, well, I am going to flake out a little bit. Since I'm leaving for a few days (five actually) to visit my husband's grandmother, I don't want to feel like I missed anyone posting their answers (yeah, that's my reason), so I won't tag anyone. If you're just dying to do this meme, though, consider yourself tagged and enjoy the blog fodder.

Aside from that, enjoy the next five days. And, if we remember the camera, you may just see some beautiful shots of a very lovely part of central France (that most people probably never venture into) when I get back. Among them is sure to be my new sweater, whose zipper is already half-installed. I know people are always complaining about installing zippers, but I really don't find it to be that bad. We'll see when I've finished if I should really be saying that, but I've done it before without any major mishaps, so... yeah, let's not get cocky here. We know what the knitting gods do about cocky knitters.