Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Ooooh, Good Idea!

I just had a fun idea for a kid's hat (or a kid at heart, I guess). A Shrek hat! How funny would that be? A lime green knitted hat with funny Shrek ears. My kid loves that movie, so I may actually make one. I've got lots of dye-your-own Knit Picks wool to do it with (forgot to mention I came back with eight skeins of that, too). Something would have to be done to make the ears stand up. Stuff 'em, I guess. But, that could be a fun quickie project to try - not to mention an excuse to dye some yarn.

Oh, and I'd like to take a brief moment to thank everyone who left such nice supportive comments about my recent family situation. It's really nice to know others are thinking of you when your life seems upside down. Thanks.