Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Thursday, March 24, 2005

It's Springtime, and Love Is In Bloom

My daughter is in love (she's 3 1/2 going on 25, apparently). After coming home from a wedding last summer, she instantly wanted to marry her best friend. Now, she no longer wants to marry him. Another has stolen her heart away, and this time it's for real. She thinks (and talks) about him constantly. He's a little boy in her class (with a rattail - eeek!). Today, when I picked her up for lunch, she looked defiantly at me and refused to move. I asked her what was wrong, and she pointed to the boy next to her. "I want to marry him," she said shyly cocking her head to one side. She has also asked Daddy to talk to the boy's father about getting him to come over to the house. Is this how it starts?? My daughter is becoming boy-crazy already? Well, hey, at least there's no talk of dating or sex at this age. Isn't childhood great? You can fall in and out of love easily with never a heartbreak to crush you. Fabulous!