Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Stick With What You Know

a.k.a. DON'T (under any cirumstances) do what you like (as the song might tell you to do. Doing, or shall I say, attempting to do what you like can mean you spend days upon days in front of the computer attempting to learn new technologies that many people pay perfectly good money to learn at an established institute of higher learning. Really, stick with the knitting and the sewing, or perhaps the baking. Just don't try to fiddle with the technology. It won't be pretty, and the decline in household management will be even uglier.

Anyway, long story short (which is not easy for me, you know)...

I'm fiddling with stuff, trying to attach my blog to my husband's wine business site. He's got more than enough room, and I was thinking it'd be fun to play with some other blogging software - not to mention the fact that I'd be able to have my blog's name appear without the whole .blogspot thing attached. I'd much rather advertise for my husband's wine than for Blogger.

So, as usual, I miraculously made a very simple task extremely complicated and spent days trying to figure something out, when, if I had only known what my hosting service's special terms meant, I'd have have saved tons of time. Luckily, I happened to click on something that led me to a little info about blogging on my hosting services' website. So, I'm happy to announce that after some more fiddling (this time with blogskins and stuff), I should be moving.

Having said all that, I'm not even sure I need to ask you to please be patient with me while I work on this, since I won't be doing a lot of blogging till then.